Hyperloop in passenger and freight transport, cargo bikes for inner city logistics and individual transport, digital solutions for supply chains - the topics of Hypermotion Frankfurt 2021 were diverse and highly relevant. The panels, pitches and conferences provided important impulses for mobility and logistics of the future. Did you miss the sessions? You can find the highlights here:
Impressions of Hypermotion Frankfurt 2021
Hypermotion started with a top-class event on 14 September 2021. Detlef Braun, Member of the Executive Board of Messe Frankfurt GmbH, officially opened the trade fair. The following speakers took part in the subsequent discussion round on the topic of "Future Mobility 2036 - a new mindset for climate protection and digitalisation":
- Steffen Bilger, Parliamentary State Secretary to the Federal Minister of Transport and Digital Infrastructure.
- Tarek Al-Wazir, Minister of Economics, Energy, Transport and Housing, State of Hessen
- Stefanie Wüst, City Councillor for Economics, Law and Reforms, City of Frankfurt am Main
- Prof. Knut Ringat, CEO and Spokesperson of the Board of Management of the Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund
Panel discussion on "Cargo bike sharing – is the turnaround for car-free inner city logistics finally coming?" The following speakers discussed:
- Jonas Kremer, CEO, citkar GmbH
- Dr. Julius Menge, Head of the "Concepts and Measures for Commercial Transport" Group, Department for the Environment, Transport and Climate Protection
- Matti Schurr, CEO and Co-Founder, AVO Mobility GmbH
On 16 September 2021, the Hyperloop Conference brought together international stakeholders from the Hyperloop ecosystem for the first time to discuss current product developments and challenges. The conference was opened by the following speakers:
- Andreas Scheuer, Federal Minister of Transport and Digital Infrastructure
- Keir Fitch, Head of Unit Rail Safety & Interoperability - DG Move, European Commission
- Josh Giegel, CEO & Co-Founder, Virgin Hyperloop
Would you like to watch the recordings of all keynotes and panel discussions afterwards?
smc – Smart Mobility + Green Cities Conference
What will mobility in cities and regions look like and what new offers will emerge from it? What role will the car play in the future? What will the transport of the future look like and how and where will it be produced? What smart solutions are available to optimise and secure mobility, transport and logistics chains? These were the questions discussed at the smc conference session on "Smart Cities and Digital Regions".
- Nils Schmidt, Managing Director, Yunex Traffic
- Michael Rüffer, CTO, VGF
- Andreas Hinterberger, Public Policy Lead DACH, Uber
- Jens Bergmann, Executive Board member responsible for infrastructure planning and projects, DB Netz AG
scalex – Supply Chain + Logistics Excellence Conference
Corona has made the issue of resilience in global supply chains even more important. Goods that have always been available are becoming scarce. What precautions need to be taken against supply chain disruptions? What are the advantages of cross-border supply relationships? How are resilient, international logistics chains optimised through customer centricity and data better connected? These questions were addressed by the scalex conference session on "Market Outlook - Customer-Centric Supply Chains".
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Armin Bohnhoff, Professor, Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences
- Dr. Klaus Dohrmann, Vice President Innovation Europe & Trend Research, Deutsche Post DHL Group
- Gunnar Gburek, Company Spokesman, TIMOCOM GmbH
- Ulf Steinborn, Vice President Supply Chain, CIP Services AG
At the beginning of Hypermotion Frankfurt, Ibrahim Al Najjar, IT Director of DP World spoke in his keynote on "The role of technology in futureproofing and enhancing supply chains".